Housing is a Human Right
A National Homeless Demonstration was held in Dublin this afternoon.
The demonstration was called by Inner City Helping Homeless, a volunteer group formed in November 2013 to combat the homeless crisis in Dublin.
The demonstration demanded improved services and to end homelessness:
- Emergency accommodation independent review: independent human rights and care review of all from private charity to State run accommodation.
- Conditions in emergency accommodation: 24hour access, fully funded response team and wrap around supports venturing mental health, security and privacy for all residents, full and enforceable complaintprocedures implemented.
- No to family hubs: arehousing families is not a solution. Homes not hubs.
- Private rental market, no economic evictions: security of tenure and affordable rents for all.
- Build and buy social housing: build social housing for all. Usage of 183,000 empty as social housing. Buy portfolios from NAMA.
Inner City Helping Homeless called for all those affected by the housing crisis to attend the demonstration.